Sparrow Hills is one of Moscow’s best-known park zones where students, bikers, newlyweds and tourists enjoy outdoor life. The famous observation platform, which gives a breathtaking view of the city, and the Moscow State University, a fine sample of Stalinist Empire stylea term given to architecture of the Soviet Union under the leadership of Joseph Stalin, between 1933 and 1955 architecture, are both located here.
- Highly popular among tourists, students, bikers, sports car lovers and newlyweds, Sparrow Hills is a great place to hang out and relax outdoors.
- The observation platform, 80 m above sea level, gives a breathtaking panoramic view of Moscow.
- Nearby landmarks are the Luzhniki Olympic Complex, the Shukhov Tower, the Novodevichy Convent, St. Andrew’s Monastery and others.
- Three of Stalin’s high-risesand theStalinist Main Building of the Moscow State University are among the most impressive-looking places of interest in the area.
- In summertime, you can enjoy boat tours, rides in a cable car, biking, strolling and roller-skating.
- In winter, you can go skiing, snowboarding or ski jumping here.