The Arkhangelskoe Memorial Estate is a wonderful place near Moscow, not far from Krasnogorsk. It is a unique example of Russian cultural heritage, as it is the former estate of Russia’s wealthiest aristocratic families of the 18-19th centuries. These families include the Sheremetevs, the Golitsyns, and the Yusupovs. The park in Arkhangelskoe is known as one of the best in the country.
- Arkhangelskolye is a museum, a country estate and a Russian cultural monuments that once belonged to some of Russia’s richest aristocratic families – the Sheremetevs, the Golitsyns and the Yusupovs.
- Here, you will discover the splendour of olden times, will explore the renowned French park and will enjoy the picturesque shore of the former riverbed of the Moskva River.
- The ‘colonnade’ of the Yusupovs’ family vault, St. Michael’s Church and the Tea House are among the jewels of Russian architecture.
- Gonzago Theatre is the creation of Pietro Gonzago, a well-known stage designer, and home to some of his works – big canvasses representing illusionary painting.
- Visitors are offered several guided tours (in English, among others) around the country estate, the park and the Museum’s rooms.